Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summer Fun



We've had a lot of fun this summer. We're seeing family and friends, and taking advantage of living in a place that has so much to offer. Recently, we had a day of play at Mission Bay with Jerry's parents and his sister's family. We took the boat out and the kids (except Aubrey) rode around and squealed with delight.


Also, two of my good friends visited from Orange County. They each have a child around the same age as Grayson. We all had a great time visiting and running around. I'm not posting pictures of those events because I'm not sure if the parents would want pictures of their child(ren) on the world wide web. So out of respect for them, I'll just keep those pictures for the albums.


Recently, I drove to El Centro with the kids for a couple of days to visit with my extended family. Many of them hadn't met Aubrey, so this was sort of a welcoming trip for her. We spent a lot of time in the pool and hanging out with my sister's kiddos.



Enjoying doughnuts before an early morning swim. Doesn't Aubrey look like a doll in this picture?


Hip, Hip Hooray! It's a doughnut day!


We recently bought Grayson a strider bike. It is a bike with no pedals. It is supposed to make transitioning to a regular bike (without training wheels) easier. We'll see how it goes.



Playing in the sprinkler can be so much fun. Grayson loved jumping over the water...




...and spraying his face.




A trip to the zoo.





Just hanging around the house.




Summer will be ending soon and it will be back to the daily grind. I'm moving schools this year. I'm going from teaching RSP at a middle school to teaching a K-4th SDC class. I really liked where I was (Yes. You read right. I said middle school.) and was not looking to move, but my position was changing. If I were to stay at my old position, I would've had to go between two schools each day. I really did not want to do that. There are some nice things about this change. I'll have a later start time. Hello 8:20. So long 7:05. Also, one of my BFFs will be in the room right next door. She's new to the school too. So, we'll do this whole learning process thing together.


1 comment:

  1. They are getting so big! Can't wait to see you and the kids in person! =) Can you believe it is just a few short weeks until you get to see my face EVERY day!?

    ReplyDelete