Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A week full of firsts (and one last).


Last Thursday was Grayson's last day at daycare. He has been there since he was six months old. It was a bittersweet moment for me. We all love Nanny. She treats the kids as if they were her own. She won't be a stranger though because Aubrey will continue to go there three days a week. He also started swimming lessons last week. It is a two week session. This year's theme is the Olympics. At the end of the session, each child gets to take home a picture of himself with the American flag in the background and a gold medal. G is so excited for his gold medal in swimming.
Aubrey had a first too.  You can't really see, but her toe nails are painted light pink with sparkles courtesy of Aunt Celeste.  She, Joe and their boys watched the kids on Friday night while Jerry and I went to the races to celebrate Katie's 21st birthday with the family.  Jerry asked me the next morning if I had painted her toe nails.  I told him no but I recognized that polish.  Her Aunt Celeste really loves her (and Grayson too).  That family is very special to our kids. 

Aubrey's pink toes.




Grayson started preschool today.  I was more nervous than he was.  I admit it.  I cried when we dropped him off.  He was so excited to go.  Here he is showing off his new Spiderman lunch box.  He picked out his own clothes today.


I tried taking a picture of G sitting on the front deck.  This is what happened when I put the little miss down.


I was able to get one of him, but she was still wandering around.


He has another week of swim lessons before he gets his gold medal.  He loves it.  It also helps that Ms. Karen has two little goats in her backyard, plus two aquariums full of fish and a turtle in her house.
He loves Ms. Karen and diving for treasures. 


I had a first also.  I was stung by a bee for the very first time in my life.  It's hard to believe that, considering my parents have a pool that I practically lived in while growing up.  I'm happy to say that I'm not allergic.  I was talking to my cousin at his house when it happened.  He asked if I was allergic and I said, "I don't know.  We'll find out!"  He had to pull the stinger out and it hurt for about a half an hour.  After that, I was fine.
Summer is coming to an end.  We are trying to get back in the routine of actually having a schedule.  This summer has been the best one yet.  We've had so many play dates and outings.  Some including the kids, some kid-free.  My next post will be dedicated to all of those good times.  For now, this mama has to get tomorrow figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment