Grayson is now 9 months old. I'm taking a cue from my cousin, Kelsey, and writing down my nine most memorable moments from the last nine months (in no particular order--except the first one).
1. February 14th, 2009 at 8:12 in the morning, Grayson John Woestman made his debut in the world. Jerry, his mom, and my mom were there with me, helping me. After 31 hours of labor, I needed all of the help I could get. My mom told me that morning that I will never have another Valentine's Day again. From now on, it will be Grayson's birthday. She is right. After that, I felt like I could conquer the world. I was Wonder Woman and I could do anything.
2. The first time I drove Grayson all by myself. We were going to Babies R Us about 15 minutes away. I had to pull over to check and make sure that he was still breathing. His great-grandpa John still laughs about that.
3. Earning my Master's Degree. I took a couple weeks off from meeting with my cohort, but then I jumped right back in the game. Lucky for me, I have the best support system ever. I had a 3 month old at home and, to the disappointment of my professor, did not want to participate in the ceremony. She says that I'll regret it later. So far, I haven't.
4. I took Grayson to work with me on the last day of school. I knew that he would just be there for a little while. He was growing out of the size 1 diapers, but I had so many left. I thought that he would be fine. He ended up pooping all over me (and when I say all over me, I mean all over me).
5. Jerry's knee surgery. Jerry was on crutches for 6 weeks. Not the kind where he could somewhat walk. I'm talking no weight bearing, whatsoever, at all. Thanks Mom, Dad, Cathy, and Grandma O. Without you, we wouldn't have gotten through it. I'm still pulling that card when Jerry doesn't want to change a diaper.
6. Having Grayson meet his great grandparents. The picture of four generations of Woestmans is priceless. Every time my grandma saw Grayson, she slipped back into her old self and seemed connected. It was great for him, and better for me. For a few moments, I had my grandma back.
7. Each and every time Grayson peed while having his diaper changed. Peepee teepees, splash guards and everything else failed. He's got some power. He's a sharp shooter.
8. When Grayson looked into my eyes or would look for me in a crowded room...just the best.
9. There is nothing sweeter than my baby giggling. That can turn my frown upside down any day.
It's been quite a year for the Woestman Family!
ReplyDeleteI loved your list Kelly! It was way fun to read. I laughed so hard when I read the story about the size one diapers! Jake and I will be in California 12/20-12/27 we would love to meet up somewhere with you and Jerry. Take care Kelly!!!
ReplyDelete