Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I Gotta Feeling....

Christmas vacation passed in the blink of an eye. I had two weeks where I felt sick most of the time. I didn't want it to end (the vacation, not the sick feeling. Believe me, I WANTED that to end). If I had three weeks, I'd want four. If I had four weeks, I'd want five, and so on. Last weekend we saw many family members from all over the country. Everyone came together to attend Grandpa Woestman's funeral. On Saturday we had a big family party at Jerry's parent's house. We took a big family picture, but unfortunately I can't copy it from facebook. About 40 of us gathered for a celebration of life. We had a good time and were all pooped by the end of the night. On Sunday, Jerry took his cousin, Kevin, off roading in the mountains near Jamul. Kevin is from Ohio and we don't get to see him much. This was only the second time I've met him, but he is such a big ol' teddy bear. Shhhh, don't tell him I said that. After that they came home and watched lots and lots of football. In the evening, we called a couple of more cousins (Brad, Chelli and girls) and went out to eat. We happened to go to a restaurant where another cousin's (Eric) girlfriend works. Having never met her, we wanted to harass her--I mean introduce ourselves. We ate, drank, and were merry. Grayson was so tired that he ended up falling asleep on the table.
Here is Grayson right before he put his head down and fell into a peaceful slumber.


On Monday, we attended a lovely funeral service at church and then a burial service at Ft. Rosecrans. That was another day of visiting with family members from near and far.
Here is Jerry with a some of the many relatives. From L to R:
Gus, Jerry, Grayson, Jeff, Aunt Debbie, Uncle Mike, Kevin (in red hat), Uncle Lee (in glasses), James, Ethan and Sarah.

This was the first time we met James and Sarah's son, Ethan. He is just a few months younger than Grayson and as his grandma (and Jerry's Aunt Debbie) says, "They'll grow up to be buddies." Too bad they live so far away.

This weekend, I'll be going out of town and away from Grayson for the first time. I'm having a girl's weekend in San Francisco. About 16 of us, from work, are going and we are so excited about it. Luckily for me, Jerry is one supportive husband that is looking forward to some Daddy/Grayson bonding time. I think he really wants me to go and get this out of my system so that I'm not a complete wreck when we go away (to San Francisco again) in three weeks to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. For some reason when I get to thinking about this weekend Beyonce's "All the Single Ladies" or Black Eyed Pea's "I Gotta Feeling" pops into my head. No, it is not a single's weekend. Most of the ladies going are married. The ages range from early 30's to old enough where it is rude to ask (but I'm guessing mid-50's). Some are wild, some are silly, some are quiet and reserved so there will be a nice balance. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time on your girls' trip!

    Give me a call when you get back -- Ethan and Grayson need to meet!!

    ReplyDelete