Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Food and The Flip Side

You know how sometimes food just tastes better at certain places. C'mon, you know it's true. We all have those weird little habits. One of mine, is a toasted bagel with cream cheese and bacon (don't knock it til you try it). It is actually quite good, but for some reason, we only eat those when we are camping. Never have we made them at home. I know, it sounds silly. Another one is cantaloupe. You'll never see me order cantaloupe at a restaurant or even pick up more than two or three pieces from a fruit tray--I usually go for the strawberries and pineapple. However, cantaloupe tastes delicious in my grandma's, parents' or my kitchen. I don't want to take it to the table and eat it, I want to eat it standing up in the kitchen. Not as part of a meal, just a nice, refreshing snack. Again weird, I know. My grandma always had fresh cantaloupe (when in season). There is not much better than eating a nice, cold piece of cantaloupe on a hot summer day.
Grayson loves fruit--especially fresh fruit. Yesterday, he ate three bananas (Yes three. No, not at the same time.), strawberries, cantaloupe and blueberries. Here is a picture of him enjoying some cantaloupe and blueberries. Oh, great-grandma would be so happy....

On the flip side, Jerry got one of his Father's Day presents early. We gave him a flip HD video camera. We're planning a trip to the river this weekend and of course we had to document Grayson's first. We have a camcorder, but this flip cam is so easy to download. I haven't played with it much yet, but I'm sure that I'll get a video or two up here in no time. Just another week of school for me, then it is officially summertime. I'm filling in for a friend and teaching summer school for two weeks, --cute little guys and gals from 18 months to 3 years. Such a difference from my usual 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. It is so much fun, I've done it in the past and have had a great time. G-man and I are going on an adventure to Lake Arrowhead next week with my parents. We'll see some relatives and more. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, we love our Flip camera. It's so easy to use. Can't wait to see your first video.

    And, I know I always say this, but Grayson has the most-gorgeous eyes! Such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to change his name to "Banana Boy". Grandma will have a big smile on her face when she reads this in heaven.

    ReplyDelete