Sunday, March 20, 2011

Seaworld and the name game

Family picture in the shark encounter. An employee of the park asked we wanted her to take a picture of all three of us. We obliged. She probably thought we were some of the many out-of-towners.

Grayson saw two penguins fighting/swimming. He thought it was the funniest thing and started laughing. His laugh stopped people dead in their tracks. When he laughs, he laughs from the bottom of his toes. He throws his whole body into it and just lets loose. It is pretty funny to watch.

Life is good in the world of Woestman. Jerry is walking without crutches. He still has to take it easy, but is up and moving. We decided to go to Seaworld yesterday morning. We only stayed about an hour (perk of having year-long passes). We would have stayed longer but it was getting pretty crowded. There were a lot of tourists. We wanted to go to the Sesame Street Bay of Play area, but there were so many people that we opted not to. However, we did see the Sesame Street movie in 4D. Grayson did not want to wear the glasses, but he still enjoyed it. One of the employees asked if he got scared easily because the movie can get loud, they spray water on you, and the chairs shake. Grayson was a trooper and he loved it. We hadn't been since January, before Jerry's surgery. It's nice to be able to go there and places like the Zoo and Safari Park (formerly known as the Wild Animal Park) and not have to stay the whole day. A couple of hours is all we can take.
We have decided on a name for our little girl. Naming a child can be such an ordeal, especially if you're a teacher. You hear some memorable names (King Arthur was an ex-student of my mom's, I worked at a school where a Merry Kissymas attended, I currently work at a school with an Ocean, an ex-student of mine was named Bear, and the list goes on....) Then you have those students where you like the name, but don't particularly like the student so you would never name your child that name. Then you have situations when you tell people what you're naming your baby and they say things like, "That's interesting...." or "That's different...."
Well, we have decided on a name. Her name will be Aubrey Caroline. We like the name Aubrey. We can call her Bree, for short. My mom's name is Carol, so it a take on that and we just added the -ine to it. Not Carolyn, but Caroline. This was our go-to girl's name when we had Grayson. We thought about changing it this time around, but couldn't come up with a name that we both liked. So there you have it. If you have an "interesting" or "different" comment, then I don't remember asking for your opinion (as I say with the most polite tone of voice and killer smile).

3 comments:

  1. I love your family photo! Can't wait to meet Ms. Aubrey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful name! Can't wait to meet her soon!

    We took about 7 kids under the age of 3 to see the Elmo 3D movie and ALL of them started crying within the first 10 minutes -- then the water shooting us in the face REALLY ended it. I wonder if that movie was ever tested on toddlers before it was released? Grayson is one cool cat to get through it without tears!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say I love what a good blogger you are! I think I've met Grayson maybe twice and I feel like I know him, I can just here his laugh. Can't wait to meet Aubrey Caroline!

    ReplyDelete