Saturday, March 26, 2011

Things that have made me laugh lately

1. My darling baby boy. Whether he is dancing, singing (A new fave is Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys--he goes around singing, "New York, New York, New York!" Ok, so maybe he learned that from me.), rolling his eyes, his facial expressions, his conversations, and the list goes on. He is just plain silly and makes me laugh on a daily basis.
2. My husband. He is a funny son-of-a-gun. He has always made me laugh and will continue to make me laugh.
3. A sign on a used car lot that said, "Invisible Tent Sale!!!!" What? It's creative. It made us laugh as we drove by.
4. Scrubs. That old TV show with Zack Braff. I loved that show and will still watch reruns.
5. Grey's Anatomy: The Musical Episode?!?! I mean, I'm a fan of Glee, but this? Really?
6. Knitting. I don't know which is funnier; the fact that I took a private lesson today or the fact that I signed up for another one next weekend. I actually enjoyed it. I'm sure my grandma would think it is funny too, considering she tried teaching me when I was little but I wouldn't listen. Now, I'm actually paying someone to do it.

On another note, we took G to his well baby checkup. It was his two-year-old visit so no shots this time :) The doctor took his stats. He is in about the 55th percentile for his height and weight. This has increased from his last well baby checkups. He was always in the 30-35th percentile before. Anyhow, his pediatrician predicted that he will be six feet tall. Jerry is 6' and I'm 5'8" so it makes sense.
As Jerry says, we think Baby Aubrey has some Woestman in her. Woestman babies are known for being big babies. They're healthy and plump and oh-so-cute. (This is coming from a girl who weighed 9 lbs, 3 oz. when she was born--so I guess big babies run on both sides of the family. Although, in my defense, I was born almost two weeks late.) That is why it was so surprising that Grayson was only 6 lbs 11oz. He got down to under 6 lbs once we took him home. We had to buy a bunch of new clothes for him when he was born because we didn't think he would be that small. Most of the newborn clothes didn't even fit him. Anyhow, I feel like Aubrey is huge. She will consistently push my pelvic bone and ribs at the same time. It is like she is stretching her whole body--you know, the kind we do when we stretch out in bed. Well it is like she is skydiving on a king size bed, except her humble abode is just that, humble. Sometimes, I feel like my stomach is just going to bust open from my belly button. I still have six more weeks to go! Ay vey....

2 comments:

  1. That made me laugh! You have 6 more weeks to knit Aubrey her first hat. See you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for knitting lessons! You can start making Christmas stockings. Good luck with the last part of your pregnancy! Grayson is such a cutie! I love reading your blog. Brilee, Jake, and I will be in California the end of April... we will have to try and get together.

    ReplyDelete