Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter and BB vs. AB

The pictures you are looking at are in reverse order. I'm lazy and for some reason, my computer will not allow me to cut and paste so just go with it. We spent Easter in El Centro this year with my side of the family. This means that the kids hunted real eggs and we disposed of them once we were done. Really, who keeps the dyed eggs that have been sitting outside for hours? We used to just throw them away, but about 10 years ago my sister and I (along with the younger cousins--who are now in their late teens, early 20s) decided to throw them across the canal behind the house. It has since turned into a tradition (insert El Centro comment/joke here), even luring the adults outside. I have yet to make it across the canal.... We always make sure there are plenty of eggs to hide, hunt and throw. Leave it to my sister to bring five dozen eggs for six kids.
Sammy found his fair share.



These boys love each other so.






Grayson found another one.




My life is now divided into two parts, BB (Before Baby) vs. AB (After Baby). I do this subconsciously while watching TV, looking at calendars, getting invitations for events (Like that word? Events. Like I'm some special person or something.), and so on. Now, the BB timeline is getting shorter and shorter. I feel like I had everything ready for Grayson weeks before he was born and that is not the case with the little miss. I mean, her room is ready, bag is packed, clothes are washed, and so on, but there are still little things that we need to do. Ok, so I didn't pack the bags until I had a few contractions two nights ago--but it is done now. I'm getting more tired much easier now. I called Jerry yesterday and he said that I sounded like I'd just finished running laps. The sad part was I'd just walked outside to get the mail. I feel huge, but am not told that (Really, who would say that though? Rude people--that's who). I haven't gained as much weight as I did with Grayson. I only gained about 35 lbs with him and I'm up to about 27 lbs this time. I can still wear my wedding ring (so far). The doctor said that I'm measuring a bit small, but girls tend to be smaller than boys. Grayson was only 6.11 when he was born. So if she is smaller than she will be T-I-N-Y, especially for babies in our families. I have my next appointment on Tuesday and we'll make an appointment to be induced for the following week if I have not had the baby by then. I'm thinking I'll have the baby next week sometime. Who knows? Maybe my next post will be AB.









No comments:

Post a Comment