After my stint in the ER, being taken out of work, and going to see the doctor three times a week, I'm finally in the clear and back to low risk. The unfortunate part is that Grayson got a bit of a cold and now Jerry has it. If it is not one thing, it's another. G had a hard time sleeping on Monday night so I took him to see his pediatrician yesterday to check his ears. She said there was fluid in one ear and it looked "dull" but no major redness, swelling or puss. She wrote out a prescription for antibiotics but told us not to fill it unless he gets worse. Nice to have on hand since we'll be pretty busy in the next few weeks. I'm hoping that we won't have to fill it. I think he had a bad night due to all of the sugar he had consumed the days prior. He very rarely gets candy so when he does, it hits him pretty hard.
Easter was nice. We drove to El Centro for the day and had a smaller family gathering at my cousin's house. We took pictures, but I have not downloaded them yet. I'll save that for another post. We have just been trying to take things easy around here. Slowly getting things ready. No, I do not have my bag or the baby's bag packed. I thought of that last night when I had a few minor contractions. Other than that and charging the video/camera batteries, I think we are set. I'm hoping she won't come too early. I still have a little over a week. I'm enjoying my sleep now that I'm actually getting it.
I keep referring to her as she, but I was watching A Baby Story on TLC the other day and a couple were expecting a boy and a little girl popped out. They hadn't even thought of a name. So, here they were in the delivery room and said, "Umm, we have to think of a name now...." That is a concern of mine. Luckily for me, I have a boy's name picked out already and I'm not getting rid of my boy things until I can hold my baby girl in my arms (not my uterus).
I'm off to enjoy a lunch/shopping date with a girlfriend then on to a doctor's appointment. I have to get this 'me' time in while I can!
haha I love A Baby Story! I am glad things are looking up for you! Does Gray have tubes in his ears, and have you ever taken him to a chiropractor for them? I took Brilee, and it saved our world! They just pop behind their ear, and Brilee's ears have been great since! Brilee and I will be in Cali this weekend, so will you email me your number and maybe we could meet up??? kelseybirchell@gmail.com Can't wait for you to have your little girl (or boy lol)!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, Toodles! I love it when Ethan says that, too! Great seeing you today for our lunch/shopping trip. Next time I see you, you'll have your little girl (or boy?). Best wishes for an easy and safe delivery!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are still hanging in there girl! Can't wait to meet your little princess! xoxo
ReplyDelete