Sunday, April 22, 2012

Vacay and lately






The week before Easter, we drove our RV to Lolomai campground near Sedona.  We went with a few friends and had so much fun.  I'm not posting any more pictures because you've probably seen them on facebook.  The kids had fun playing in the dirt, not taking naps, eating smores, throwing rocks in the creek, riding bikes, etc.  Aubrey did not participate in any of it.  Poor Aubrey, there was so much dirt around that I hardly put her down.  She was in heaven.  The only time she really crawled around was inside the trailer.  Grayson cried for probably two hours straight on the way home.  He did not want to leave  That was a long trip home....  We are still having to tell him that if we are home, then he has to go to the bathroom inside the house.  Aye, little boys.
Aubrey took her first steps a few weeks ago.  We were at my parents' condo having dinner with my aunt and uncle, plus my grandpa.  She took just one to two steps then fell down, then repeated that about six more times.  I remember my cousin, Michael, taking his first steps in the same spot.  It must be a lucky spot.  She is very hesitant to walk.  She loves to be held.  When G started moving on his own, he wanted to go, go, go.  Not little Breebug.  She is fully content in someone's arms, preferably someone she is verrrrrrrrrrrry familiar with.
Jerry and I are doing well.  He's training for his triathlon in July.  I'm doing my walking thang.  I feel like I look funny just walking around town because I'm wearing Jerry's camelback backpack.  It has the water pouch and plenty of pockets for snacks, keys, cellphone, etc.  When I'm by myself, I carry a golf club without the head to ward off unwanted creatures.  I'm sure people wonder why I look like I'm going on a hike, but you're supposed to wear all of your gear while you train.  So far, I've seen a few friends, a Paula Deen lookalike, a Judge Judy lookalike and way too many people on their cell phones that I would like to see.
Coincidentally, Jerry and I started our vegetable garden and planted two trees today (on Earth Day).  We didn't actually plant the vegetables yet.  Jerry built a box, we filled it with the proper soil, manure and such.  We need to till it and we'll be ready to plant in a few weeks.  We planted a dwarf lime tree and a dwarf orange tree, also.  Hopefully it will all do well, so we can put in a lemon tree and another box for fruits and veggies.  I'm really hoping that the whole farm to table thing will encourage a certain picky 3 year old to eat more vegetables.
My sweet, tiny, precious baby will be one in the blink of an eye.  I can't believe how fast my children are growing up.  It is so much fun experiencing life with them, but sometimes I want them to stay little forever.

1 comment:

  1. Lemme know if the "farm to table" works and we will glad start pilfering your crops for a certain almost 3 year old over here! ;)

    ReplyDelete