Monday, October 5, 2009

Beach Camping


Last weekend, we camped at Silver Strand State Beach. For those unfamiliar with the area, it is on the beach in Coronado. We took our "home away from home" (a 24 foot toy hauler). Jerry is constantly thinking of things to add to it. Last time it was a bulletin board and towel hooks. This time it was an expandable shelf and a medicine cabinet. I have to admit, it is nice being married to someone so handy. We camped with some friends, Dannel and Sara Sprecco. They have two kids, Mackenzie (1.5) and Christian (4 months). Grayson had fun playing with them. He also enjoyed putting his feet in the sand. He wanted to crawl all over the sand, but I wouldn't let him. It was way too cold to go in the water. Unfortunately, I didn't get many pictures. The only pictures that I took were of Grayson playing on the floor of the trailer.
On a sad note, I found out last night that my grandma is really not doing well. She hasn't eaten in the last couple of days. I saw her a few weeks ago. She was very weak, but still mustered enough strength to tell me that Grayson "is sooooo beautiful". She has always been a sucker for babies. To sum her up--She is simply the best. Thinking good thoughts.

5 comments:

  1. I will definitely follow your blog...however, I am sure our marathon phone calls will continue! Love ya sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'd like to be added to the "keep an eye" list. Welcome to the world of blogging. It's a great way to keep in contact with friends and family -- and only have to tell a story once!

    Can't wait for more updates and photos of your adorable Grayson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly...thanks for "blogging" this will help us keep up with you guys. Love to look at Grayson...Precious!!

    Marci

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an angel. I love the picture of Grayson and look forward to more. Can't wait to see him in person.

    Love ya. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you decided to "jump"! I love blogging and I am so glad my Grandma told me about yours. Grayson is beautiful! I want him and Brilee to meet. I will be thinking of your Grandma. Take care!

    ReplyDelete