Sunday, July 18, 2010

It's Official....

What was your first thought when reading the title? If you thought that I was going to announce that I was pregnant, then you're wrong. Puh-leeze! Do you really think I would announce it here?!? That is what facebook is for... just kidding.
I wrote the title because I'm beginning to feel like my baby isn't a baby anymore. He will always be my baby, of course. People (more like strangers) always get a confused look on their face when I tell them that he is not even one-and-a-half years old. They think he's older than that. He looks like such a little man.
Another thing that is official: I'm old. Yes, I'm 30 and no, I don't think that is old. So, if you're reading this and older than me I'm not calling you old. Let's back up a minute and let me explain myself. Jerry's friend Anson is in town. He has been one of Jerry's best friends since junior high. Anson was there when I first met Jerry and he seemed to be there pretty much all of the time the first few years we were together. You would think that he would feel like a third wheel, but no. It was usually me out of the loop. Because Anson is in the military, we don't get to see him too often. In fact, it has been about 4 years since we saw him last. We decided to go out on Friday night with some old friends. I made arrangements for Grayson to stay the night with my parents so that we could have a nice time and not have to worry about being home early. We went to a local restaurant/bar for dinner. Let's just say that we were at the bar when the last call announcement was made. Before you start thinking the worst, I was not drunk. Anyone that knows me, knows that I don't really drink. Occasionally, I have a drink, but I'm not a huge fan of alcohol in general and this bar only serves wine and beer (my least favorite alcoholic beverages). There were about 12 of us there and we were just having a nice time seeing each other. Literally, it was 11:30 before I knew it. Then 12:30, and so on. Before I knew it, a girl was on a bullhorn yelling, "Last call...." But let me tell you, automatically waking up the next morning at 6:30 (did I mention that Grayson wasn't even here) was not fun. Nor was the rest of the day. I'm getting too old for that. No pictures this time, but I'll post in the next day or two with some pictures of the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. You got me! I was going to be so mad to find out you were expecting on your blog. Announcing on Facebook is ok, though. ;-)

    We can't wait to see you two on Friday!

    ReplyDelete