The last few weeks have flown by. I had one week off between the regular school year ending and teaching summer school. During the regular school year, I teach RSP at a middle school. I was not planning on teaching summer school. A few months ago, a teacher emailed me and asked if I'd teach her class for two weeks while she was on vacation. I'd taught summer school for her class a couple of times, before Grayson was born. I talked about it with Jerry and asked my mom if she could watch Gray-man and then decided to do it. For two weeks, I got paid to play with students 18 months to 3 years old. It is soooo much fun. Grayson even joined me one morning. Even though it was fun, I'm glad it is over. Now, I can fully relax.
We've seen a lot of family and friends the last few weeks and Grayson has had lots of fun play dates. One memorable play date was with two of my friends from college. Grayson was born in Feburary of 2009 and my friends, Julie and Kelly, each had their first in May of 2009. It's been hard scheduling a time where we can all get together with our kids (they both live in Orange County), but it finally happened. I will post more pics when I get them from Kelly. She took the cutest pictures ever. Grayson fell in love with Julie's daughter, Sydney. He would not stop hugging her. Every time he saw her, he had to hold on for dear life. Both James and Sydney are such cutie pies. We are looking forward to spending more time with them.
We also got together with my friend Jenny for lunch and a walk around Lake Murray. We are looking forward to more play dates in the future with Jenny and her son, Ethan. Recently, we celegrated my BIL's (Brother-In-Law) birthday. We got together with Geoff's family for lunch. Between their kids, his brother's kids and Grayson, there were plenty of high chairs/ booster seats at the table. Up next, we are getting together with one of Jerry's oldest and best friends, Anson. I actually met Anson before Jerry and the two were together during that fateful day in November of 1999 when Jerry and I met. Anson is in the military and doesn't get home much. He arrived in town today, but has a family wedding to attend so we are seeing him tomorrow for lunch. He will meet Grayson for the very first time tomorrow. He will be in town for a couple of weeks and I'm expecting on not seeing Jerry too much. After that, a big family blow out at Jerry's parents house. The deep pit barbecue is calling my name already. The next weekend is my nephew's (Ben) first birthday party along with a birthday party for my great aunt. Then we leave for a camping vacation the next day. We're going to the Sierra Mountains with some friends who each have a daughter around G's age. We bought a hiking backpack to carry Grayson and have been getting him used to it by going on little hikes around the county. Busy, but fun times ahead!
Grayson's at such a fun age for playdates! We had a great time with you two and can't wait for more get togethers. Sounds like you guys have a busy summer ahead with your fam and friends. Happy 1st b-day to Benny Boy, too!
ReplyDelete~Jenny