Saturday, January 8, 2011

Life as we know it.

Christmas came and went in a blink of an eye. What didn't pass so quickly were ear infections and a respiratory infection that Grayson developed over the holiday weekend that required antibiotics twice a day and an inhaler every four hours. Luckily for us, we are through with the medication (at least for now).
This year was so much fun. Baby Girl Woestman (No name yet--no really, I'm not just saying that. We really haven't decided on one.) received her first presents courtesy of my sister. It is fun to actually be able to look in the huge section with all of the baby girl clothes and actually have the intention of buying something (although I haven't done that yet). We have moved Grayson into his new bedroom and prepared his old room for a little girl. The blue paint on the wall is now pink. Grayson loves his new room and we are thankful for the smooth transition.


Our suspicions were confirmed that Grayson is one spoiled little guy, and not just by us. He received a Jeep and a plasma car from Santa and thoroughly loves them (along with everything else he received).
We got word a few days ago that a new bone is available for Jerry. It is still in the process of being tested to see if it is a match and we won't know the results until Monday night. The surgery is scheduled for Tuesday evening (unless it is not a match). Hopefully, everything will work out. If he does have the surgery, he will be on crutches for 6-12 weeks. We're keeping our fingers crossed. He did say that they are not going to be able to bring the razor near his leg unless they know for sure where that bone is.
On a lighter note, on December 31st, I joined my parents for their annual trip to the San Diego Auto Show. They go every year for fun, but this year they actually wanted to look at --dare I say it--minivans! My sister has one and although I've never pictured myself in a minivan, I must say that it is a nice ride. Last month, we all went to a birthday party and carpooled in her swaggin' wagon. It was roomy and very nice to have three adults and four children which required two booster seats and two car seats, plus room in the back for diaper bags, presents and jackets. Anyhow, right when we get to the Toyota Sienna section, I see him. I recognize him right away and didn't have a good feeling. It was Bob Lawrence from Channel 10 news. Can you guess who was on the news on New Year's Eve? You guessed it, good ol' Chuck and Carol Fisher discussing how they are in the market for a minivan once their SUV bites the dust. Do you think I was interviewed? Heck no, that is because I ducked behind a sign and texted my sister and husband immediately. Once I saw that the coast was clear, I joined them. We all had a good laugh then and during the 6 o'clock news that evening.
Other than that, we are taking things easy around here. Not planning on doing too much if the surgery goes through. We want to keep Grayson healthy and not plan too much since Jerry will most likely be on crutches.

No comments:

Post a Comment