However, the most fun he had by far was meeting Elmo and Grover (although Grayson called him Cookie). At the Sesame Street Bay of Play area, there are rides and games. During certain times of the day, they will have characters come out to take pictures with the kids. I saw this and thought that Grayson would love it. Then I was second guessing myself when I saw a little boy meet Elmo and burst into tears. Jerry told me that I'd better have my camera ready. I was fumbling around with it and thought that it didn't work. The screen was black and I couldn't see anything. Silly me, I later learned that the lens cap was on. I didn't get a picture with my camera but I'm a sucker and bought their picture (along with an Elmo frame) and it is the cutest thing ever. Grayson loved seeing those two. He walked right up to them and gave them hugs and high-fives. He sat with them and said, "Cheese!" for the picture. He did not want to leave, but our turn was up and it was time to go. Grayson hated leaving and just kept whining, "No! Elmo, Elmo." He will still look at the frame and I can tell that he longs to go back to see his beloved friend. It was a fantastic way to end Jerry's walking days for awhile.
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Sea World
Jerry recently bought the family annual passes to Sea World. We went right before Jerry had his surgery since we wouldn't be able to go for awhile. Grayson l-o-v-e-d it. He loved seeing the animals and the Sesame Street characters as well. We got there right when the park opened and stayed for a little over 2 hours. The weather was perfect and it was not crowded at all.
Jerry rode the Elmo ride with Grayson since I'm not allowed on rides. This was the mildest ride. At first, Grayson did not like being strapped in but once the ride started, he enjoyed it.
He loved watching all of the animals in the aquariums.
This sea turtle was fun. He would swim right up to us. Grayson did actually look at it and point but of course I missed it with the camera.
I think Grayson's favorite was the shark tank. He loved seeing the sharks swimming above him. He would yell, "Shark! Na-na, na-na." and hold his hand up to his head like a fin. I taught him this. He'll sing to the tune of Jaws.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment