Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Birthday!


The 14th was Grayson's first birthday. We celebrated with a party the day before. We could not have asked for better weather that day. It was gorgeous! We had good food, nice company and an all around fun time. Grayson was spoiled (as if we didn't know that before) with loot and love. I made his cake and cupcakes for the rest of us, just as my parents did for my first birthday! They made a Cookie Monster cake for me and cupcakes for the rest of the bunch. Luckily for Cheri, Lori and Cindy, I'm not posting those pics. Oh, the fashions from 1980!
Grayson started off hesitant.


Then realized that it was pretty good.


We watched and laughed...

as he completely destroyed his cake. Yum, yum.


The weather was perfect. Sunny and 78!

The next morning, we gave Grayson his presents from us. He loved the Cozy Coupe. He likes to hold on to the steering wheel as we push him along. Pretty soon, he'll be able to shimmy his way around in it. For now, he'll have to rely on us.
Enjoying a stroll!

There's our big boy!

All in all, the day was great. Weather permitting, we will drive to El Centro this weekend to see my grandpa and go to the California Mid-Winter Fair. I hope the weather will allow us to. I know that Grayson will love seeing all of the animals. Anybody from the Valley knows that the fair is a big deal. Kids wait all year long to go. It loses the lustre the older you get (to me, that is), but getting to experience it through a kid makes it fun all over again.
The last few pictures are just fun ones during bath time the other night. Grayson can be such a ham sometimes.

My beautiful boy--again.

Having a fun time in the bath.


1 comment:

  1. Ethan and I had so much fun at Grayson's party. And, I love those bath photos. He has the most beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete