Monday, November 15, 2010

We're Back!

I know, I know. It has been a long time since I've updated the blog. Unfortunately, I only have one picture to post today because I still need to download all of my pictures from the last month. I promise that I'll post Halloween pictures soon. So much has happened in the last month. I've been feeling a little better. Now, it just comes in waves instead of sticking with me all day and night. Jerry has been on a waiting list since late July for a bone to have his knee surgery. He got a call about a month ago from the orthopedic surgeon wondering if he was ready to have his knee surgery. A cadaver bone was ready and the timing is very limited. So basically, he was given about 5 days notice. He turned it down at that time. I think the initial shock of not being able to walk for approximately 12 weeks really scared him. It is a big decision and the timing just was not right. Then he got another call last Wednesday saying another bone was ready, so he's going in this Thursday night for the surgery. That means that Jerry will be on crutches until mid-February. Which is fine. He'll be walking approximately 2 months before the new baby is born so we'll have time to get the house ready. The downside is that Jerry will miss a cousin's wedding this Friday and a nephew's birthday this Saturday. After that, we'll take things one day at a time.
Last weekend we visited my family in El Centro. My parents spent a week in Hawaii last month and got all of their grandkids matching clothes. They wanted pictures taken with them in their Hawaiian gear. We used that opportunity to have Grayson's portrait taken. Here is a taste from that session.
He is growing like a weed and is talking a lot more. He seems to talk more and more each day. He loves his Mama and Dadeeeeeeeeeeee. During the weekdays, when he does not see Jerry in the morning he'll say, "Mama, Daddy gone." Then he usually follows it with, "I go school." He loves being outside and will ask each day to play outside. Rainy days are hard on him. He loves sports, throwing balls, running and animals. It is hard to imagine that soon he will not be the baby. I'm sure that he'll have a hard time at first, but hopefully he will get used to it. I'll try to post again in the next day or two (promise it won't be another month).

No comments:

Post a Comment