Here are a couple of pictures from Grayson's birthday party. This is not the exact layout that I would have chosen, but my computer is being wacky with the whole cut and paste thing and I don't feel like messing with it. First of all, the second and fourth pictures pretty much describe Grayson's nutritional intake of the day. He started off munching on Doritos. He did not want to sit and eat when there were too many more exciting things to do. He ended the day by eating the frosting off of the cupcake. I think that was just about all he had to eat at the park. His cake was so cute (third picture). It was a bunch of cupcakes put together to look like the sky. Mickey Mouse and Pluto were flying an airplane pulling a banner that said, "Happy Birthday Grayson". He was a pro at blowing out the candles since we had been practicing at home. He does like to get really close to the flame so we had to watch that, but he did fantastic. He is also a pro at opening up presents (first picture). I pity the person who's party we attend next because I'm afraid that Grayson will dive right into the presents. It doesn't matter if they are wrapped in a box or in a bag with tissue paper. He'll rip right into all of them.
We decided to have his party at a local park because with me being pregnant and Jerry on crutches, I did not want to have a party at my house. Too much cleaning involved there. I think that the kids really enjoyed the park, too. The weather was gorgeous. When the rest of the country was battling the cold, frigid air, we enjoyed a beautiful 80 degree day. All in all, the day was a hit.
Jerry saw his surgeon last week. He took xrays of Jerry's knee. They looked so good that you could not tell where the new bone was put in. He was pretty impressed with himself. He told Jerry that he could probably start walking at 8 weeks, which is exactly 3 weeks from today (yay!!!!). He'll have another appointment that day, just to make sure. He also told Jerry that he had his wife buy him the workout series P90X after seeing Jerry and a few other patients use it. Jerry used it for about 4 months before he had his surgery and lost about 20lbs. Dr. O noticed a difference right away with Jerry and asked what he had been doing. After hearing that, he decided to try it for himself. He did say that it was too long for him. It is an hour+ workout, 6 days a week. Jerry is waiting for the day to use it again.
We celebrated Valentine's day and Grayson's birthday at home. I had the day off (thank you, Mr. Lincoln) so Grayson and I hung out while Jerry went to work. When he came home, I had dinner in the oven; breaded chicken stuffed with broccoli, ham and cheese, butternut squash and apple puree topped with grated cheese and crumbled bacon, and steamed broccoli. Not to shabby for a meal that was pretty much thrown together last minute, using ingredients on hand. We sang 'Happy Birthday' to Grayson and each enjoyed a mini cupcake--of course, Grayson just licked the frosting off of his. Then we were all asleep by 8:30. Now that is my kind of day....
You guys couldn't have asked for better weather for Grayson's party. We had a great time celebrating with you and are so glad Jerry's knee is healing so well!
ReplyDelete