Tuesday, February 15, 2011

New Favorite Thing


My parents gave us an oversized chair that they bought in a furniture set. After having it for a few years, they decided that they did not want it and gave it to us. This worked out well since we moved Grayson into his big boy bedroom. We kept the glider in the baby's room and now we have a chair to sit in while we read stories. Grayson does not want to sit on my lap when I read the stories, instead he wants to sit next to me. This chair is the perfect size for that.
However, Grayson has now found a new, fun thing to do when we aren't looking. He climbs on the chair, then up to the arm rest and slides-- no wait, make that jumps-- into his hamper. He gets a kick out of it but he can't get out by himself. Then I hear, "Mama, Mama, Mommy, Mom, Mommy, Mama...." until I go in his room and rescue him. It is all fun and games until somebody gets hurt. The unfortunate victim of this was the hamper. He did this when it was full of dirty clothes and ended up splitting the side. Now, I get to sew it back together in all of my free time.... Buying a new one is looking mighty good right now. If I do, it'll be a sturdy plastic one. I don't see Grayson stopping this habit anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. I say it's time to move the hamper -- maybe to his closet? Although, he does look super adorable sitting in it!

    ReplyDelete