I posted this title because I saw a girl a few days ago who has a daughter just a few months younger than Grayson. She mentioned that she is not ready to have a second baby quite yet. Then she said, "You're brave!" My response was, "Yeah, either brave or stupid!". I'm just kidding. My sister and I are 22 months apart and I know many siblings that are closer in age than 25 months. I'm just getting a little nervous since my due date is right around the corner. I feel like we have so much going on and that I'm just on the go the whole time.
Tomorrow, it will be four weeks since Jerry's surgery. He is progressing nicely (the physical therapist seems to tell him that each week). He has an appointment to see his surgeon tomorrow so we'll know more then. We're both guessing that he'll have to be on crutches for another month. Grayson is well aware of Daddy's "ouchie" and all of the equipment that goes along with it.
This past Saturday, we celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. Grayson spent the night with Jerry's parents and we planned on having a nice dinner at Mr. A's. Right before we were leaving to go to dinner, Jerry said that I looked beautiful but that I was missing something. Then he surprised me with a diamond necklace. I was quite surprised since we never buy each other presents for our anniversary. We both mentioned that I will not be wearing this necklace around Grayson since it is so delicate. I can just imagine Grayson yanking the chain right off of my neck. Dinner was fabulous. We had one of the best tables in the place, right next to the window overlooking the bay and downtown skyline. Our reservation was for 8:15 (my usual bedtime lately), but I was able to stay up with no problems.
Now, we are back to the old grind. I can't believe that in exactly one week, my baby will be two years old. Time sure does fly. I still remember bringing home my little 6 pound baby boy and eating stuffing and lettuce (literally stovetop stuffing mix and chopped lettuce with salad dressing) for dinner our first night at home. (We were supposed to stay another night in the hospital, but my nurse could see how I just wanted to go home so they discharged us late in the evening. We had nothing planned or prepared and were completely exhausted to cook anything.) Memories....
Hey Kelly,
ReplyDeleteKeith and I ate at Mr. A's for a date night recently and got that same table. Just an amazing view of the city and the perfect way to celebrate your anniversary!!
And, I say brave, not stupid. ;-)
Love,
Jenny